Hospitalist Jobs in Georgia
Thursday · June 24, 2021
1 Job in The Peace State
Photo: Skyline view of downtown Atlanta from Centennial Olympic Park.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Macon) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Providing medical coordination and inpatient utilization management for surgical patients.
- In 1994, Mccg was named one of the top one hundred hospitals in the nation.
- The Medical Center of Central Georgia (Mccg) is a 637-bed full service, acute-care hospital and the second largest hospital in the state of Georgia.
- Flexible Block Schedule.
- Macon, GA.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Enjoy the best of both worlds!
- Macon is 84 miles southeast of Atlanta and of coastal Savannah.
- Open ICU.
- MD or DO.
- Program Overview/Job.
- Academics not practiced by Cogent Hospitalists in this Program.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be Acls certified.
- Mccg is a premier teaching hospital and serves as the primary teaching hospital for Mercer University School of Medicine.
- Coordinating with patient's PCP, hospital and/or health plan for all ancillary services related to inpatient episode and all discharge planning needs.
- Admitting medical and surgical patients 16 years of age and older.
- Macon is centrally located in the state of Georgia and very accessible to interstates I-75 and I-16.
- Three of its programs -cardiac care, neurology, and orthopedics- have earned five-star national ratings.
- No heavy traffic, but close enough to Atlanta to enjoy its amenities!
- Nocturnists on Staff.
- Macon is one hour from the Atlanta Airport and the new homes in Macon are half the price of new homes in Atlanta.
- Coordinated Care Team/Support Staff.
- Overview of Medical Center of Central Georgia.
- 24/7 Coverage Program.
- Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, CME allowance.
- Competitive compensation, eligible for quality and productivity bonuses.
- Macon also has excellent public and private schools as well as Community Colleges and Universities.
- Medical Center OF Central Georgia.
- H1B Visa sponsorship available.
- Mccg excels in many other service areas, which have now been recognized by others for national distinction.
- Internal Medicine residents may sign up for rotation through the hospitalist group.
- Mccg has the only Level Trauma Center in Central Georgia.
- Residents from Mercer perform procedures/no requirement that Hospitalists do procedures.
- Not a J1 Visa qualified area.
- Manage vents up to 48 hours-then must.
- Macon is home to many historical landmarks and cultural attractions.
- Electronic Billing System.
- A commitment to high quality seamless care differentiates Mccg from other healthcare facilities within the region and throughout the country.
- Established Hospitalist Program since 2004.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Nov 14.